Katherine Regional Arts is excited to announce Saturday 5th September 2020 as the dates for Katherine Town’s biggest, best and most sustainable arts festival – the Junk Arts Festival. This is the official call out to Katherine region residents of all persuasions to get cracking on your 2020 entries for the Junk Arts Festival Awards. No matter what your age, skill level or craft, we have a category for your entry. Thousands of dollars in prize money is up for grabs so don’t miss out on your chance to turn that trash into sustainable treasure and have a garbage heap of fun in the process!
It is not just an event for artists, but anyone local who wants to participate in the joy of creative expression, including you! Located at the Lindsay Street complex, the Junk Arts Festival creatively tackles the issue of environmental waste reduction through promoting a zero-waste festival policy and offsetting festival emissions through the local Jawoyn Rangers Program. It has become a popular and cherished event for the Katherine Region and a highlight in the Northern Territory’s calendar of cultural events.
1st Prize : $2000
1st Prize: $2000
Youth (Under 16s)
Prize: to the value of $50
- All entries must be no bigger than a buffalo, no smaller than a barramundi.
- All sculpture entries must be received at the Lindsay Street Complex on the day of Sunday August 30 from 9am to 6pm
- Fashion categories of Wearable Junk and Headwear can be registered on the day of the Award.
- Entries will be judged by an independent panel on the creative use of junk, ingenuity and aesthetics. The sculptures will be anonymous at the time of judging. KRA staff are not involved in the judging process.
- All entries must be suitable for public display.